Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Forbidden Sunspots.

Yesterday when I got caught checking out the Bonsai tree, that was not the only reason I was caught out. Can you believe we are not allowed on the worktops? You only have to look to see that it is the most wonderful sunspot and mum thinks I shouldn't be up there. Madness!!!

Anyway, after I had enjoyed the sun for a while I decided to see what the little tree smelled like.

Then I checked to make sure it had enough water. Nope, looks too dry to me. Mum should be grateful that I let her know it needed watering instead of making me get down.

This is the Bean's Christmas Cactus. It used to belong to our dad's mum and is very old. Our mum can't remember ever not seeing it ever since she first knew dad so thinks it is at least 43 years old. It lives in the porch. Mum just put it on the worktop to take the photo. It lives outdoors in the summer and has often had big pieces broken off when we get strong winds, but it seems to survive everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews