Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Friday Flashback.

The Friday Flashback this week comes from July 2010 and tells of when we had an unexpected visitor.

Flynn: Hey what are you doing here? This is my sunbathing spot.

You're supposed to be afraid of me, why aren't you flying away?

You do realise I could have you for my supper don't you.

Hmphh, if you are going to ignore me, I will turn my back on you too.

Oh good, mum's fattening him up for us.

Eric: If I watch him from behind this wire mesh he won't be able to see me.

He has come closer, do I dare pounce with mum watching me?

Huh! The cheek of it. He is drinking our rain water now.

Note from mum:
We had heavy rain and very strong wind the night before these photos were taken. The pigeon is a ringed homing pigeon and was probably exhausted from the bad weather. He was looking very sorry for himself and let me catch him. His ring had this year's date on it so this is probably his first year of racing. The boys were very interested but couldn't understand why he wouldn't fly which is most likely what saved him as there is no point in catching something that just sits and looks at you. He is now looking much better and flying as soon as I or Eric and Flynn approach and should very soon fly back to his own loft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews